Scribe Post for November 30, 2009

Monday, November 30, 2009
Hello everyone! Nicky again to talk to you about homework. You see, homework is a good thing, because (believe it or not) it actually helps you learn. Yes, it does. So, you shouldn't mind one bit that today's class was mainly homework, right? Ahem... Despite the numerous stares that I'm sure I'm receiving from you all, I will still tell you the homework.
Homework
Workbook 2.3
Extra Practice 2.3

Seems like a lot, doesn't it? However, we get two days to do it! BUT! Don't wait until tomorrow at 10 o'clock to do them... Believe me, everyone (except me because I'm a good little boy) has done that. Still, I trust that "The Class" won't let me down.

So, still waiting for epicness? Well, say hello to my little friend. His name is Ned the Integoolie. Some of you may recall him from my integer story from last year.
So, you may be asking why Ned is here, aren't you? Well Ned is here for two things. The first is to tell you that you "should" have lots of stuff in your foldable (you can still be working on it) and the second is to recite a poem about dividing decimals. Yes, I am serious... Just listen...

The other day in math class,
I was pondering my math,
Dividing decimals,
Why must we take a long, hard path?

Is it that our math teachers,
Who appear so kind and nice,
Are really mean and nasty,
Waiting to watch us squirm like mice?

Or is it the curriculum?
With it's "required" things?
Is it really that necessary,
Does it help us earn our wings?

The answer is quite simple,
I tell you this is true,
It is to prepare us all,
Including me and you.

It'll prepare us for math much later,
When we are in high school,
So when we see hard questions,
We understand which is quite cool.

Sure, now we can use calculators,
But that won't help us much,
When the numbers turn to variables,
And such,

We must simply understand it,
So that when it's time to fly,
We can do it really easily,
And that my friends is why.

Bravo Ned, your poems are always great. However, to all of you rhymically challenged, or those to lazy to read it, here's a summary. Mr B told us today that we needn't do long division all the time and that we must simply know how to do it. So, for now, it's perfectly fine to be using your calculator.

So, here's a bit of a recap for you. You must complete 2.3 Extra Practice and in your Workbook and begin filling in your foldable. Also, you can expect a math test on either Monday or Tuesday.

And to that, I bid you all a good night and happy homework. Fare thee well until the morrow!

9 comments:

shaneille 9-05 said...

Good Job Nicky! That was an.. intresting scribe. Very good on making a short class into a long post. And "the class" always does there homework. No need to remind us.:) Great Job again!

josephduong said...

oOOoOo Good Job Nicky! I liked your poem, it was a pretty creative idea. One suggestion I have is to show how to do long division. Just so that if anyone in the future forgets, then they can simply refer back to your post.

xtian 9-05 said...

Good job Nicky, and I agree with Joseph and Shanielle

angela905 said...

Great scribe Nicky! The poem was really original! Though you could have added how to do long division by pictures, just so everyone knows how. But, great scribe again! :D

Kim9-05 said...

Wow....that was a great poem! It was good of you to put the poem but...I agree with everyone who posted before me that you should put an example so that people who don't really understand long division understands...but anyway good gob!^_^

Lissa 9-05 said...

GOOD JOB NICKY ! Your poem is really cool, I wish I could rhyme that well to make things make sense. (: Well, like everyone else, I also agree that you should put an example of how to do long division because I wasn't here today and I forgot how to do it.

Lissa 9-05 said...

I mean, I wasn't here yesterday. Sorry, about that. I didn't get to see your post last night.

Zerlina905 said...

Great job Nicky! Awesome post! I really like that poem! It was pretty good. And it was very interesting how you used old english at the end of you post! I know your tired of hearing this but I agree with everyone else, it would be nice to show long division. BTW, you forgot to pick next scribe! Great job again!

Brendan 9-05 said...

Hey Nicky!!
Great Job. Uber Scribe. The poem by Ned was very good and well written. I also agree that you should have showed how to do long division. But overall great job.

Post a Comment