Question #15

Thursday, November 26, 2009
Hi everyone! This is a post on question #15. The question is about patterns. The question is just basically saying to find three numbers, after the given numbers. Using patterns according to the numbers. So, it's really easy to do.




Here it is:






To do this first question, I changed the mixed numbers into improper fractions. Then, I found out the common denominator, for just the first two fractions. With those two fractions, I tried different operations, until I got to the pattern. Then you would have to see if the pattern actually works. so it's basically trial and error, for me.






On the second fraction, I did the same thing too. Except I only used the absolute value on the first fraction, to find out the pattern. This question, I had a longer time figuring out than the first one. Since the changing of signs (positive then to negative) caught me off guard. Then I remembered that a negative number, divided by a negative number is positive. Also a positive number divided by a negative number is negative. So the pattern must have been the number divided by a negative number. That gave me a clue. Sooner or later, I finally got it.


absolute value: only how far a number is from zero (eg. the absolute value of 6 is 6, and the absolute value of -6 is 6 also.


I guess that's it. I tried my best explaining this. I think that the easier question you get, the harder it is explaining it. Since there's nothing much to explain.



Have a good long weekend everyone! :D



AND:Dynamic Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net




3 comments:

Mr. B. said...

Angela, the sign "please comment" hurts my eyes! I'm commenting, I'm commenting!!! I like your explanation and I also like that you you used the term absolute value. Is it possible to remind people of what absolute value is please?

shaneille 9-05 said...

Great Job Angela! I like your pictures, and explainatins. Although you could have put the question so people don't have to go to the textbook online to see it. Anyways great job again!

kara 9-05 said...

Great work Angela! I really liked how you explained the questions in such great detail! The only thing that I might suggest is that you use a bigger paper next time when you write, because your fractions look kind of squished. Other than that, good job

Post a Comment