One week in October in Iqaluit, Nunavut, the daily high temperatures were -4.6°C, -0.5°C, 1.2°C, 2.3°C, -1.1°C, 1.5°C, -3.0°C. What was the mean daily high temperatures for that week?
Well first, you have to know what a mean is. A mean is the sum of all the data, divided by the the number of data. Also known as the average.
1) Well, the first step is to group together the positive and the negative numbers.
2) Then add the like signs together.
3) Add the sums together.
4) Divide the sum of the data by the number of data (in this case, 7)
1) (-4.6, -0.5, -1.1, -3.0) + (+1.2, +2.3, +1.5)
2) = -9.2 + 5
3) = -4.2/7
4) = -0.6I'm SO sorry this is late. I had so many problems with my computer :P I tried to upload a picture but..... yeah. Anyway, I hope this explains the question.
PLEASE COMMENT! :)