Question #27

Friday, November 6, 2009
Hey 9-05, Mr.B assigned me question number 27. If I have any mistakes please comment and help me out! Please and thank you (:

27. The mean of six rational numbers is -4.3.
a)What is the sum of the rational numbers?
The sum is -25.8.

If you're wondering how I got my answer, all I did was multiply -4.3 with 6. Why did I multiply with 6? The statement above says the mean of six rational number is -4.3. To find the mean you have to add all the numbers and divide the sum by six. When you divide -25.8 by six the answer will be -4.3.

b)If five of the numbers each equal -4.5, what is the sixth number?
The sixth number will be -3.3.

The question tells us that five of the numbers equal -4.5. So I multiplied -4.5x5 and it gives me -22.5. If the sum is -25.8 you just have subtract -22.5 and you get -3.3. So if we multiply -4.5 with 5 and add -3.3 you get -25.8 (the sum) and if you divide -25.8 you get -4.3.

Okay, Im done. But please don't forget to comment and find my mistakes if I have any. Thanks you guys! (:

4 comments:

simran 9-05 said...

Great job Tracey! You did a really good job explaining the question, but instead of explaining how you got the answer in a paragraph you could have shown the work involving those steps. Other than that great job!

allie said...

Good job! I agree with Simran. It might have been better to show the work with the steps. I had trouble processing the words a bit.

Lissa 9-05 said...

HI TRACEY! Great job (: I agree with Simran and Aleiah, your post is really great, but it would be the greatest if you added pictures showing how you solve it and explaining it as well with it. Also, you could add a bit of colour. Other than that, gooood job!

alyannaL said...

hello my bestfriend! :) good job on your post, i like it! ahahah, you need some pictures though bud ;) lmao. But good job explaining it.

Post a Comment