Question 11

Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Hello there my fellow classmates. (: Today, I will be showing you how to answer question 11.

In every day speech, in a jiffy means in a very short time. In science, a specific value sometimes assigned to a jiffy is 1/100 s. Naima can type at 50 words/min. On average, how many jiffies does she take to type each word?

The first step is to find out how many jiffies does she take to type each word, you have to multiply 1/100 by 60 seconds because you need to find out how many jiffies are in a minute.
In one second, there are 100 jiffies, and in 60 seconds, there are 6000 jiffies. To find out how many how many jiffies does she get to type each word you divide it by 50 because each minute she can type fifty words.




So, now all you have to do is add a sentence because it is a word problem.

She takes 120 jiffies to type each word.

So, to be honest, I didn't know where to start with this question. It took me awhile to figure out how I got the answer and how to explain it for you guys to understand it better. I hope my explanations are well enough for you to understand and not to confuse you more about this question. Well, I hope you enjoy my post and don't forget to COMMENT! (: Tootles!

2 comments:

Mr. B. said...

Good job Lissa. Missed you in class today.

kara 9-05 said...

Wow, for such an easy question, you explained it very well! Good job Melissa! I liked the colours, and the simple, yet understandable (I don't know if that's a word) answer.

Post a Comment