From our homework, we should have learn two important words: Angle & Side.
* The sum of all interior angles should equal to 180°
You should know 3 different ways to write an angle.
For example, we will try to say the 90° angle in the bottom left corner of the triangle.
may be written as:
∠B or ∠ABC or ∠CBA
*Remember to put the "Fancy" angle symbol
Next, we talked about naming sides, in 3 different ways.
For example we'll use side "C" or the "slanted side."
It may be written
AC or CA or b
I know, you're thinking what? Why "b"? Well it's for a simple reason actually.
*Opposite angles name the line, in other words; The side that is opposite of the angle, is named after that angle remember it
*MAKE SURE IT IS WRITTEN IN lower case LETTERS
1:56 pm: We went to get our textbooks
After getting our textbooks, we reviewed some questions people were stuck on.
2:10 pm: We looked at question 6 on the giant paper with all the rectangles (Activity Sheet 6.2)
6) If the ratio of the lengths of two similar rectangles is 5 : 1, what will be the ratios of the areas?
You need to find the area of each square using the formula: A = S² Then, compare the areas.
A = S²
A = 5²
A = 25 u²
A = S²
A = 1²
A = 1 u²
The ratio of the area is: 25 : 1 *Ratios don't have unit values
2:14 pm: Aleiah asked an "Aleiah Question."
A few minutes later, we were given a question.
In the expression 1 : 8 what does the 1 stand for?
- One thing (image) on the scale will be 8 times bigger
What does 5 : 2 mean?
- 5 units will be 2 units
- On your television
- And a lot more!
1) Find out how 1.2 got to 3.96
2) Multiply how 1.2 got to 3.96 by the number on the other side (330).
3) Right down the product
I find this to be the easiest way, but there is another way you could solve this by.
Multiply 3.96 by 330 = 1306.8
Divide the product by 1.2 = 1089
x = 1089
- Journal (everyday)
- Study for our test which is supposedly TOMORROW!
- There will be 16 questions on the test
- There will be 1 "hard" triangle question
- The test will also include scale diagrams, enlargements, and reductions (Chapter 4.1 & 4.2)
- Leave a comment (:
- WEAR GREEN OR YELLOW TOMORROW!
Finally, the next scribe will be......T..R...A..C..E...Y..! Tracey! Good Luck(: