Rational Numbers

Sunday, October 18, 2009
Well I guess I'm really lucky because I didn't really know about this part of the homework for the weekend, so that little gut feeling saved me there. Since we did our test, that means that were starting a new unit which is most likely the so-called "Rational Numbers". I'm pretty sure that we learnt this last year but I obviously forgot, but I looked it up.

Rational Numbers- Means that specific numbers that can be written as a fraction or ratio with 2 integers. An easy example is 5, five can be written like so= 5/1.

(Just so you know)Integers- Integers are all whole numbers and their opposites like 1,2,3,4,5 or -1,-2,-3,-4,-5 (got the definition from Mr.B's comment on Joseph's Rational Numbers post)

Irrational Numbers- The absolutley opposite meaning of Rational Numbers. An example you can try out is the square root of 7 because the decimal keeps going on and on. Which means you can't write a ratio or fration with irrational numbers.

2 comments:

Lissa 9-05 said...

Good Job Marc! Your post is good but there are some spelling mistakes that you can fix up and I like the colours you put to show the important words in your post. (:

melanie905 said...

Nice post Marc! Like what Melissa said. I liked your font colours, andhow it's very understandable. Good job!

Post a Comment